Top 8 Good Camera for youtube – The Complete Buying Guide
The world of cameras is so big, that the technology, marketing, product just drop inside a big sea of competition. Every single day technology evolves, even the marketing does. Therefore, all of this evolution is the fruit of competition.
In order to be a good competitor you have to improve your skills daily... so we’ll show you some of the biggest camera brands. If you want to be a good Youtuber, you will find your choice here.
LEADERS OF THE MARKET
Being a Youtuber is not that difficult, but being a professional one requires a good camera. Indeed, there’s a variety of camera brands that are attaining great inventions when it comes to beauty, quality and functionality.
First of all, if we are searching for a good camera for broadcasting on YouTube, Canon is the best choice to make. It stands ahead of all other brands especially when it does not produce anything but cameras; therefore, they are experts in their job. Canon is known for its easy interfaces, intuitive features and its image quality, which is softer compared to the other brands.
In addition to that, when it comes to vlogs, Canon is the best vlogging camera that already looks like it was made for vlogging, such as Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II which is the latest release that vloggers should be aware of. Compared to the other cameras, the G7 is faster, has better performance in low light, more battery life and a new rubber grip to make it more difficult to drop. It is also a vlogging camera with flip screen to work in a full manual mode and has good extras, like the touchscreen, which makes it a good camera for YouTube.
Moreover, Canon is the oldest and the best company since its foundation and entry on the market. It achieves great inventions to make it specialized in the segment of imaging and has the best advanced and DSLRs. All of this approves that Canon is a good camera for YouTube.
Also, Nikon is another good camera overall. Nikon has done very well with its entry-level DSLRs, which have been the biggest sellers for some time now. With its highly creative effects and LCD screen it will be a good camera for YouTube. Without forgetting that the video upgrade is amazing, it can shoot 1080p at 30frames per second.
All of that makes sure that a Nikon is also a good device for vlogging. With plenty of other advantages, with a great resolution 24 megapixels, it can capture around twice more details in your photos. Furthermore, Nikon sets focus accurately within the frame with an external microphone jack which records high quality audio. It has a cross type focus and grabs focus in different situation. So from my point of view, it is a Best camera for YouTube.
More over, Nikon has HDR in camera and can combine multiple exposures to capture high dynamic range. It also can create panoramas and stitches together multiple photos for a wide perspective. Without forgetting about screen flips, who can be helpful when composing tricky shots or taking movies, Nikon is to be considered a very good device overall.
If you’re searching to be a good youtuber you have to buy a good camera for broadcasting videos. Canon and Nikon are the leaders of the market, but we should not forget about Olympus or Sony, which are also good cameras for YouTube. However, Sony (that famous name) is one of the biggest camera producers and one of the biggest leaders of technology. And while we’re talking about the choice of a good camera, we need to talk about Sony, because it has many benefits: autofocus for video, the use of a “pellicle mirror” to show the image in the viewfinder, that also means that the viewfinder doesn’t go dark when a picture is taken, all those benefits make Sony a good camera for YouTube. Plus, the customizable auto is very useful for wildlife and photographs. With high frame rates, Sony can capture 12 frames per second of 24 mp.
Here is The Reviews Top 8 Best Vlogging Camera for youtube
1. Canon PowerShot G7 X Digital Camera
YouTube users usually skip a video if it has poor image quality. With Canon PowerShot G7 you no longer need to worry! This is a very good camera for YouTube, due to the fact that its 24-100mm lens provides high content.
The image is also adapted and improved through its Image Stabilization feature, with an optical sensor resolution of 20.2 megapixels and an optical zoom of 4.2. The video resolution can be adapted to any monitor: from 640 x 480, to 1280 x 720 and even 1920 x 1080, the Canon PowerShot is ideal for vloggers when they want to online broadcast towards their fans.
- The pros for this camera include the amazing video and photo quality
- The fast lens, the built-in ND filter and also the touchscreen LCD which can also be flipped up for selfie videos.
- Perfect For New Vloggers and Gamers
- Easy To Use
- One negative thought I have on this camera is that there is no external memory included in the package, though you can select the type of memory card you want to use anytime.
As a verdict, I recommend this camera to people who want to take pictures at a high quality and who want to have a Canon Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen, since it's a very easy to use device. Indeed, the battery might not last as long as other competitors, but short videos are also easy to watch and gather many views in a short time.
2. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
If there is something no one likes when video blogging (or vlogging as we know it) it's poor image quality, especially in low light. However, with the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II this will not be a problem as the specs cannot be ignored: 1.0-inch shutter, 20.1 Megapixel* Features, a bright f/1.8 (W) - f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24-100mm) lens, 9-blade iris diaphragm and Battery IS-equipped lens, as well as 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound.
- Here is why i think this camera is good for vlogging on Youtube: CMOS sensor Canon has a new feature called the new DIGIC 7 Image Processor which helps deliver exceptional image quality even in low light.
- The auto-focus is fast and sharp, which comes in handy when you try to show your fans that little thing you just found and also it's perfect for when you want to vlog or take a selfie on your own, as the 3" display tilts, which makes it a good camera for Youtube.
- Easy to Manage
- Great Price
- From my point of view, the disadvantages compared to other cameras are that it's not the best in performance and features like: no water resistance, no 4k video, no viewfinder, even if the battery life has been improved compared to its predecessor it's still quite low.
For its price tag. this camera may not be for vloggers that ride their dirt bike in the woods behind their house but this small and light camera packs a lot of handy features that will help you quite a lot if you care about your subscribers and if you want to deliver good image quality
3. Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Youtube vlogging has become more than a trend: it’s a lifestyle, for both the broadcaster and his followers. However, when we think of online videos, what exactly makes us watch an entire video, except from its story? Video and sound qualities are crucial when creating content designed to be shared. How do we know which is a good camera for Youtube?
- For starters, I have used the Canon EOS 5D Mark III to see how its features help me create the videos I need.
- I was pleased to see that it has a 3.2-inch LCD, so it was pretty easy for me to take some detailed pictures.
- Also, its auto focus technology includes selective single point, contrast detect, face detection or life view, while it has 61 auto focus points.
- The optical resolution on this device is of 22 Megapixels, recording at a resolution of 1080p in high definition, while you can review the videos and pictures on the 3.2-inch flexible LCD. Even the battery can last up to 13 hours.
- With all of these amazing features, is it possible for it to have anything that I did not enjoy? Indeed, it is larger and heavier than small compact cameras, while the optical zoom is available only to 1x.
- Also, it has a mono microphone built and the videos come with less dynamic range rather than still, if you are looking to do a soft video.
However, my verdict would be that for beginners in vlogging this is a good camera for Youtube. It is fun, easy to use and it can record really good videos. What else could a vlogger wish for?
4. Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera Body
If you are a Vlogger and in need of a better camera than your smartphone, look no further as the 2016 Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera Body is here to save your views on Youtube. Why is it a good camera for Vlogging? Well, let's find out!
The Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR packs some of the latest in features as you can see: 45-point all cross-type AF system, for great continuous auto focus, Intelligent Viewfinder, 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor helps deliver impressive, high-resolution results. Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps you shoot video with smooth, quick and precise auto focus, and still photos with instant and precise auto-focus. Now all this sounds good, let's see the pros and cons.
- In my opinion these are the most useful features of the Canon EOS 80D: Built in WI-fi, Weather resistant body, Continuous auto-focus, the small and light body makes it quite easy to hold, Fully articulated touchscreen.
- Easy To cary
- Best For beauty vloggers
- Good Price
- And now let's see what might hold you back from buying this camera: There is not much to dislike about the 80D, it does not have 4K video, which is not a big problem
- it does not have a lot of features packed in but that might actually be a good thing if you just want to use it for Vlogging.
The bottom line : Compared to it's younger brother the 70D, the EOS 80D has been improved a lot in performance and photo quality and it's packed with all the handy features you will need to get those subscribers on Youtube. For its pricetag it has a lot of competition.
5 . GoPro HERO4 Silver
If you want to show your subscribers on your vlogging channel how awesome and adventurous you are, the GoPro HERO4 might be exactly what you need, here are the basic specs: Touchscreen display, 1080p60 and 720p120 video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second, integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support the GoPro App, Smart Remote and others.
- Here is why i think that the GoPro HERO4 is the perfect camera for the hardcore Vlogger: Thanks to the Standard Housing it's waterproof up to 131 feet (40 meters), so you can take the board and go catch some waves.
- Also, thanks to its housing, you can safely take it with you if you want to climb a mountain with your friends or if you just want to go alone on your dirt bike just strap it on to your helmet and just go for a serious adrenaline rush.
- Talking about strapping on to your helmet, thanks to its 3 way Pivot Arm you can attach the GoPro HERO4 on to almost anything you can think of, if you own the GoPro HERO4 you automatically get to use their free video editing software, GoPro Studio, which is extremely easy to use even for the first time when using it.
- Here are the downsides of the GoPro HERO4: if you are an adventurous Vlogger you probably already have the previous HERO3, but sadly you will not be able to use the batteries on the HERO4 as GoPro have redesigned them
- Also you may not want to leave it out of its Housing for too long as it's not waterproof without it.
Bottom line is that this is the best camera for the adventurous Vlogger, I could not even find a lot of downsides to it as you can clearly see, it's just awesome.
6. Olympus VG-160 14MP Digital Camera
If you are looking for budget friendly camera for Youtube Vlogging and don't want to drain the battery from your smartphone, then i have the perfect camera for you, the Olympus VG-160 14MP Digital Camera. Let's start with the basic specs: 14 Megapixel, 5x Optical Zoom, 3" LCD screen, HD Video and Art Filters.
- Here is why I think the Olympus VG-160 14MP Digital Camera is the perfect camera for the occasional Vlogger: besides its incredible price, this camera is small and light enough to fit in your pocket.
- You can always have it with you so you can capture all of the incredible footage you come across; with the integrated Art Filters there is no need for any other software to give your photos a good look. You can look at the videos or photos you took on the 3" LCD screen before you upload them on your PC and the 7 CM macro focus range will help you take a photo of that beautiful flower you just found.
- Here is why it may not be a good camera for Youtube: The battery life is not so good and photos in low light are not the best.
- Also, the battery life is not very long, while the time spent on writing the raw files can sometimes take pretty long.
Bottom line: Olympus VG-160 14MP Digital Camera may not deliver the best performance or picture quality but given the fact that it has an incredible price, if you compare it to other cameras in its price range you actually get more than you think which makes it a great and cheap camera for Vlogging.
7. Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens - Wi-Fi Enabled
If you plan to start your own Vlogging channel on Youtube or you already have one and you are looking for a good camera for a fair price look no further as the Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens will be all you need to get some high quality videos for your channel and fans, the T6i is packed with quite some handy features, here are the base specs: 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100–12800 (expandable to H: 25600), Full HD Movie Mode EOS helps with high quality mp4 results.
If you want to capture some high speed action then great because the T6i delivers continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps, when it comes to Auto focus, 19-point all cross-type should be all that you need, and let's not forget about the built in Wi-fi and NFC.
- Here is why i think that the T6i is a good camera for Youtube: it's got a very good price for a camera in this range, it's very light for a camera in its range, also the body just feels right
- even when you use it just with one hand, it can take crisp photos and videos, what else do you need?
- Battery life is not so great, missing video digital zoom
- it's not the fastest when it comes to focusing on objects.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens is a very good camera for its price, sure you can get a better one if you spend a bit more but why do that when you have everything you need with this one.
8. Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirror less Interchangeable Lens Camera
If there is one thing that people love is 4K videos, then why not delight your subscribers becoming a professional vlogger and get the Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirror less Interchangeable Lens Camera? Not only that this will increase the number of your subscribers but it's going to make your life easier. You don't believe me? Just look at the base specs: World’s first Full-frame back illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor-42.4MP, 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame, 4K movie recording, 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T* coating, Wi-fi and NFC built in, Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points. Impressive, right?
- Here is why i think this is very good for Youtube: 4k movie recording, 3" tilting display, it's extremely good at taking photos or videos in low light, some say it does not even need flash.
- Great Price
- Best Youtube Gamer
- Also Great for New Youtubers
- And here is why you may not want the Sony a7R II: yes, it can take brilliant 4k videos, but if things get too fast it can become a bit sluggish.
- The auto focus is sometimes slow, and there is only a 2.0 USB port, which can be annoying when trying to copy that great video you just took for your flogging channel on Youtube.
After that, another great invention was the stereoscope viewer by Oliver Wendell Holmes. Last but not least, we have the invention of Kodak camera by George Eastman, after that he presented the Brownie in 1900. In the same period, the travel camera was invented. A few years later, the German Oskar Barnac invented the candid camera. The evolution of technology was so slow until Sony invented the first digital camera in 1981. After that, Kodak released the first professional digital camera… After a few years, Canon released its 5D for all the amateur and professional photographs to make it easy for using it.
Here Is Some Extra Tips and Tricks For New Youtubers
After that, the technology began the revolution, every day we hear about a new technology, about the competitive in the market and also about the war behind the scene. Also, we need to consider the cameras located in cell phones, which are a real competitor on the market by their high definition and their flexible uses. A vlogger nowadays can choose between plenty of good cameras for YouTube.
After all of these arguments, there are many questions to ask: Where will the technology take us? It will evolve more quickly than that? What’s the rule of marketing in all that? And will competition evolve and be a real war? How much could the evolving of brands help the Youtubers for their project?
After all of this I think that the big war has began between all brands to take us to another World, to another technology. In the next few year we will see something even smarter than humans, like using cameras with self intelligence, without even touching them. We will see more high definition and more sophisticated cameras. Technology changes the World and cameras will change the digital world to another dimension. So congratulations for Youtubers and all other users of camera!
With a competitive price and a GPS, Sony has understood its clients. Last but not least, when it comes to image stabilization, Sony is better than Canon and Nikon. It puts the image stabilization system in the camera itself in contrast, while Canon and Nikon have let a place for the image in order to reduce its stabilization feature inside each lens. To buy a good camera for YouTube you have plenty of choices, since there is a big competition on the cameras market, which makes it difficult for us to find a leader.
We should not forget about Olympus, one of the leaders on market and among the best choices for a vlogger when looking for a good camera for YouTube. Olympus has a lot of good options like the lens lineup, with help from Panasonic; they created together a micro lens mechanism that can be used in both brands. Also, others big benefits like the buddy image stabilization and touchscreen, together with a good life battery and a great sync flash at a faster shutter speed, all together make it good at vlogging.
Add to those brands there is GoPro: compared to other brands, it may seem new but it is full of benefits. It is a small camera for Youtubers who enjoy adventure and dangerous situations, not forgetting about water resistance. Also, with a low price and high definitions, most of the GoPro have to be attached to things because they don’t have viewfinders. When we come to vlogs, GoPro is good in vlogging. It’s a good camera for YouTube.
RULE OF COMPETITION
Those brands are the leader of the market because they are always innovative and want to make their part of the market bigger. Also, there is a link between the competition and the innovation. Nowadays, the innovation is one of the most important things for retention and attracting clients without forgetting the power of marketing who play a big rule in this war. Also they occupied the big part of the market of cameras.
In addition, they are recognizable by the ubiquitous presence of their brands. The costumers are the most important target for their success. Those brands have a clear vision on the future, plus they are flexible: when they need to change they find a fast solution for that and they recruit the best employees and invest on their development.
The competition makes the market burning, every brand wants to impress its client and attract other by their new technology, price and quality. In this business area technology is the most important thing. They pay a lot of money to make some things special for their product; even they use all their power to know the new things about their competitor to be the first who lance the new product or even to steal ideas from competitor. Otherwise the competition makes the technology evolved faster and that’s a positive point.
In the last years, the camera evolved so fast even faster than most people think. Every week a new camera appears, bringing a new technology and that is what makes the market more competitive. The market of cameras is like a sea and cameras are something great that rescue the moment, just like “Alice Sebold said: “I had rescued the moment by using my camera and in that way had found how to stop time and hold it. No one could take that image away from me because I owned it.”
To be a great leader you have to focus on your goals. Also you have to work with a maximum confidence that means never letting your competitor know about your project. Also working with a group is a key of success too, that brings harmony at work and that increases and improves the productivity among employees.
The leader of a market has to offer a specialized product, and to be different of its competitors in the way of presenting its product to attract the whole intention. While the product is on the market, competitors must know the feedback of their costumers, in order to satisfy them in the next product. They also have to make sure that the after sales service is doing well. Therefore, brands have to invest in marketing to make their image better and to communicate with their clients even before the lunching of the product.
Since the rise of the digital camera, photography has been popularized in a way that we could never imagine. Nowadays every one can own and use cameras. The reason of that is the evolution of technology.
All of these things (competition, Marketing, Technology) contributed to the evolution of cameras. Also, the Internet played a big rule in all of that, with video websites like YouTube or DailyMotion, since we all want to find a good camera for YouTube.
Many people want to make a better show online, which is exactly what may increase the sell of cameras and that’s what make those people search for a better product, encouraging the big brands to produce a better product with innovative technology. Plus, the websites with movies make their owner one of the biggest clients to use a good camera to shot new films and upload them in their websites. The market of cameras is getting bigger than we think, in terms of professionalism.
Many camera lovers use the internet to choose the best product for them. There is a lot of websites that make the choice easier. You can find the advantages and disadvantages of any brands with a test and with the whole characteristic. This proves that the Internet is a big market too, so every brands has to make a big publicity on those websites. There is a big link between the evolution of technology of camera and the technology in general, and that prove that the research centre also plays a big rule.
To conclude with, since the first camera appeared until now, the world experienced a lot of change and evolution. The first camera was invented in 14th century by Ibn Alhaythem. After that, in 1839, the French academic of science announced the invention of a new camera, then the panoramic camera.